Have you created a new full-time position in your business? You may eligible for the Small Business Grant of $2,000.
The NSW government has provided a grant to encourage small businesses to employ new full-time, part-time and casual workers. A new job is created when the number of FTE employees increases and is maintained over a 12 month period. Any employee who works a standard or average of 35 hours or more per week is considered a full-time employee for the purposes of the grant.
What you need to know
• There is a minimum employment period of 12 months from the start date of the new job
• The position is eligible if:
– It is newly created, the person is employed, full-time, part-time, on a permanent or casual basis
– It starts on or after 1 July 2015 and before 1 July 2019
– It’s maintained for a period of 12 months
– Your number of FTE employees, prior to creating a new job, increase and is maintained for 12 months
– The employee performs more than 50 percent of their services in NSW
• The position is not eligible if:
– The person employed by your business is not considered a common law employee
– The person you or one of your group members employ was already employed in that role or a different role within your business in the last 12 months
– Any wages paid by you to the person are exempt wages within the meaning of the Payroll Tax Act 2007(new window)
– Your business already receives a rebate, subsidy or other assistance from the State for the employment of the person
– You are the Crown or a body representing the Crown in NSW
– You are a public, local or municipal body or authority.
How to Make a Claim
In order to claim the grant, you will need to go to the NSW Revenue website and lodge an online application for payment within 60 days after the 12-month anniversary date. You will need to provide supporting evidence for the claim including (and not limited to) a recent payslip and a PAYG payment summary.
This grant is only eligible for those not liable for payroll tax. If you are liable for payroll tax there is another grant we can look at with you called the Jobs Action Plant and Fresh Start Support NSW.
Need more information?
The end date of this scheme is 1 July 2019. You need to register for the grant before then contact us here or alternatively give us a call and we can help you with any questions on 02 4297 0066.